We Have an On-Site Crematory
Look at many of the choices you have in Austin, Texas, for cremation and you will see many firms say they have an “on-site crematory.”
But whatdoes that mean for you?
As the term implies, it means that the ‘crematory‘ is ‘located‘ in the building you have selected for the cremation of your loved one.
So how do I know the crematory is actually at the location?
Simple.….look for the smoke stack.
Drive around the business and see if you can spot the smoke stack. If you do not see one of these, chances are your loved one is not cremated at the location you thought they were sent to.
You see, “On-Site Crematory,” to the industry, simply means the ‘crematory‘ is located on property the company owns or leases, and it could be located in a cemetery, another funeral home, a private third-party company that cremates for other funeral homes or in a distant city altogether.
So here are some simple strategies to know the firm you called is also caring for your loved one:
- Drive around the building and see if you see a visible smoke stack.
- If you do not see a stack, ask to see the crematory. If they will not show you, what are they hiding?
- Look at the address of the Cremation Authorization Form you are signing. It should match the address of the funeral or cremation company you called. If the address of the business you called is 123 Main St. then the address for the crematory should be 123 Main St.
- If the address does not match the funeral home, chances are your loved one is cremated elsewhere or, even worse, the cremation company may never disclose to you they take the body out of town to a distant city, and you have authorized it by not reading the Cremation Authorization thoroughly.
- Check with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). they issue the air quality permit for the crematory and you can verify the address of the crematory.
- What type of security does the facility provide for your loved one?
- What guarantee does the company give you?
- Is the crematory accredited by the Better Business Bureau? Why would you trust your loved one to a firm that does not uphold to ethical business principles?
We guarantee your loved one is cared for and cremated at our secure cremation center in Austin Texas – your loved one never leaves our care.
Cremation Service Austin and Affordable Burial & Cremation Service are fully licensed by the Texas Funeral Service Commission.